Monday, March 21, 2011

Cupcake Connection

The universe really is quite funny, it has definitely been entertaining me and my silly thoughts lately. I have my doubts about The Secret, but I do also believe in it. Whatever you put out in the universe it comes to you... granted not ALL the time, and maybe not right away, but it comes. I definitely thought that Mr. Hands was a product of The Secret, and I think at the time he really was, but I should've specified age...haha oh man... me and my psycho babble!!

So!! Get this!!! Remember last week when I was talking about Craigslist and finding love on it? No, no, no I did not find love on Craigslist. BUT! Remember that little bit I wrote,
about the missed connections section on there? I like to amuse myself and check it out once in a while, so I checked it out the other day, thus the story begins!!

It's my day off, I'm just hanging out at the crib (hehe), I go on CL to look for jobs... I need to find a new job... STAT!!!!... then I decide to mosey on over to the missed connections section. BAM! There it was, bright as day! The subject line read "Bank Teller on Juniper* (Center City)." The person mentioned the bank name, but I'm not mentioning it on here, I don't want any psychos coming to my place of work...hahaha....flatter me, please. So, I click on it and this is roughly what it said (I'm going by memory because dude took off the post) "I come to deposit my check every 2 weeks and when I stand in line we always smile at each other. I always hope to get you and when I don't I'm bummed. Hope this works!"

Of course I replied!!!! AND! Of course I was secretly hoping dude would be talking about me, and that we'd get togehter, get married, have kids and live a happily romantic life ever after.... haha I know I went a little too far on that one, didn't I?? haha I seriously though just secretly hoped it was me the dude wrote about. OY OY OY!!! So, I reply using this blogs email address and I say "Hey, I work at that branch, maybe I can help you find this gal." Here is how the rest of the emailing conversation went:

BOY - She has brown hair, a light tan, possibly Hispanic? Average height, Average body.
ME - Just to clarify, you are talking about the branch on Juniper and Locust* right?
BOY- yep
ME- Hmmm, well, there aren't any Hispanic women that work there, I could possibly be mistaken to be Hispanic. My name is Sally*, does that ring a bell?
BOY- I work at the cupcake place, my name is Adam*.... haha I hope you don't think this is all weird
ME- I know who you are! Please, I don't think this is weird at all, I'm on there checking it out, if anything we're both weird.

Anyways, so he did post the missed connections about me and we ended up exchanging numbers and texting back and forth. We sent pictures of us to one another to validated even more that we are who we think we are.  Cute story hu???

Will there be a future? Absolutely not! This boy, Mr. Cupcake,...baby... is fuckin 20!!!!! And while I don't like to discriminate against age, my most recent experience definitely leads me to believe that uhh age is a big deal! So, while this was a super cute story and what not, it definitely doesn't turn out as I had always dreamed/hoped it would... sigh, another dream shot!! hahaha!

One thing I do want to mention though, is that working at the branch I work at, the men I see are either A.) My age and older, attorneys, accountants la de da...who are already taken and the ones who aren't, aren't that exciting and B.) Super young, hot, art students!!!! It's such a damn fuckin shame!!!! Art students are fuckin' hot and we are on the same fuckin' page!!! WHY!!! WHY!!! haha but hey, there's a reason for everything.... I have yet to find out what it is :)


Anyways, there's my little Cupcake Connection story. Mr. Cupcake has been texting me trying to hang but I've seriously been so busy I've been saying no, which I guess could partially be an advantage for me?? I was honestly thinking though, should I just entertain him and go out with him... maybe get a few make out sessions (we know how much I love them makeout sessions) or should I just drop it... ugh, I should seriously just drop it... I need a MAN! not a baby boy... no offense to Mr. Cupcake! Mr. Cupcake is super super cute! It's just a shame he's so young.....sigh...

Have a wonderful rest of the week lovelies!!! Sorry for the delay!!

<3

*Names changed :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I guess you really do need for the plumber to fix your pipes... lol. And by the way, when people say that "once you stop looking for it it will find you" is complete BS. Don't feel bad about day dreaming scenarios down the aisle and all the way to the house and kids... I've been doing this for 18 yrs (approximately).

    ReplyDelete