Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mr. SuperJew

I wasn't going to write something today because I just didn't have anything in mind to write about and I've been in a poopy mood this week. Then I was thinkin maybe I could write about one of the lil black book boys... and writing about one of them is truly fitting for this time of year.... you'll see why... read on :)

So, let me try and give a quick background story. When I first moved to CA in '05 I left everything and everyone that I knew and loved. I left Mr. First Love and that was the hardest thing to get over. My bestie was right when she told me that it takes approx 1/2 the time you're with with someone to get over them... yes it took me a year and a half to get over Mr. F.L. I had mini crushes here and there but nothing came to fruition (i feel silly using that word but it's a good word, no?).  

Anyways, I was all alone, I was loving the newness of everything, the surroundings, the people, the experiences, the sun! the mountains! the clouds!! mmm.... let me digress just for a second, I remember my first day all by myself in CA (meaning my parents were in the air flyin back east), was the best day ever. I walked out of my building on my way to school and the sun was shining the sky was blue with beautiful puffy clouds and looking up all i saw were the tops of palm trees and blue sky! That was when I knew and felt that I was okay and that this whole new life change was okay. It was the best welcome I could get.  Granted there were times when it got a bit rough.. but anyways!!

How does one make friends in new surroundings? Well, in college? You go to clubs blah blah blah. I lived right next door to the Hillel House. Hillel is like a college club/group for jews. I decided to tap into my heritage and check it out. Well, I met a lot of great people and have a lot of great memories with everyone in that club. I was really active. It's not a super jew kinda club, it's casual just people who are jewish getting together no religion forced down your throat or anything. My first year there I was really pretty active. Then the next year I dabbled in the super jew one.. Chabad. Now, I still remained my non-super-jew self, it did give me some comfort though, having friday night dinners with everyone, it made me feel at home.

In my apartment building the side I lived in were full of studios. The other side had 1 and 2 bedrooms. The second year I was in CA, I met a few dudes at Chabad who lived in the other side of the building. Now, my all time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving! It really is, mmm the food the friends/family it's my favorite. The first year I was in CA I  spent it alone, I went to the market and bought a turkey leg, made some stuffing and the other sides. I didn't have an oven in my studio, I just had a lil dinky toaster oven. The people on the other side of the building had ovens!! Ovens big enough to hold a turkey!!!!!

A week or two before Thanksgiving (in '06), I asked one of the dudes if I could use his oven to bake a turkey in it for Thanksgiving. He had no issues with it, he had Thanksgiving plans and wasn't going to need his oven.  I told my friends I was making a Thanksgiving dinner so I had some guests ready to come over! I bought the Turkey and all the other goodies... I WAS FUCKIN EXCITED!!!! This was the first Thanksgiving dinner I was hosting :) haha I wish I took pictures.... anyways.

I brought the Turkey to this boys place. Let me quickly describe this boy. He wasn't bad lookin, he was cute, kinda too loud, funny, he was religious. He wasn't black hat religious, but he was religious. I bring the Turkey over, and we put it in the pan and prepare it and blah blah he likes cooking so he was all into it. Bam, the Turkey is in the oven.. and now all we have to do is wait. He still had a few hours to kill before he left to go to his friends for Thanksgiving.

His living room consisted of a dinky kitchen table, a TV on the ground, and like 2 pillows? I think? So he offered me a beer and we sat on the floor and watched TV. Then BAM! out of nowhere he kisses me. We are crazy making out on the floor. This was the first interaction I had with a boy since leaving Mr. F.L. I missed kissing so much!!!!!! There we are... on the floor, making out. Then... one thing led to another.... 

This was the best getting, officially, fully over Mr. F.L. this helped me move on. I wasn't at all emotionally attached to Mr. SuperJew and he wasn't that great anyways. It really was great because it was unexpected, there were no emotions involved, and it was just something that I needed. So, we did the deed, the turkey was still in the oven... he had to go after, and I was left with messy hair, a smile on my face, and the delicious smell of turkey cookin.

The dinner turned out deliciously! I had 3 gals come over and we all indulged and enjoyed! We ate at his place cuz he had more room. Then when he was done with his dinner plans he came back with some of the other boys we knew and we all went to see The Pick of Destiny (right? that's what it's called?). It was a wonderful Thanksgiving! hahaha

What happened with Mr. SuperJew and I? Well, we continued this casual fling for about a month or two, then it just stopped, I don't remember if I put an end to it or he did or if it just mutually stopped. There are no hard feelings (no pun intended...::snickersnicker::). I found it funny though, the times we would get together and then rush to leave to go to a meeting at the Chabad house and talk about religious shit.... hahaha and religious shit indeed it was... no offense to you super jews out there.

I think he's married now and is for real super jew... that's the last I've heard. Sigh.... it's funny and interesting the experiences we all have. Sometimes I forget about these little stories.  It really is amazing the stories we live through that create who we are today.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment