Thursday, November 11, 2010

Music to my ears

So!
I was listening to Leonard Cohen and it took me back to a time when love was flowing all around me. This then made me decide to write this post.

Songs and boys. There are lots of songs in my iTunes library that have sentimental value to them. Some of them take me back in time to a place called love. A place when I was in a warm beautiful, comfortable, snuggly cocoon of a relationship.

Here are some songs, possibly followed by who they remind me of, and/or of a specific time....



1. Leonard Cohen - Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye



The night Rich told me he loved me, I sang this song to him "I loved you in the morning our kisses deep and warm..."..... Looking back on it, I don't know why I sang it because this song is all about saying goodbye... maybe it was a foreshadowing red flag sorta thing?




2. Zero 7 - The Pageant of the Bizarre



This was my and Rich's song. "It's never gonna be, normal you and me, what you're signing up for is a storm at sea" I really do think it puts us, the relationship we had, very well :)



3. Cat Stevens - Don't be Shy



I used to have this major crush on this boy when I lived in CA. His name was Jonathan. One of our major connections was Cat Stevens. On our first and only dates we went to this carnival and then went back to my place. At that time we were allowed onto the rooftop of my apartment building. We went up there with my acoustic guitar and he played me some Cat Stevens songs. I remember wanting to kiss him and tell him I liked him.... but I didn't... I was shy :) So this song reminds me of him... and as an aside, I chose this video because I LOVE, love love love, Harold and Maude :)



4. Keller Williams - Best Feeling



Ethan Ethan Ethan. haha! I LOVE this song! It takes me back, I haven't heard it in ages!!! When Ethan and I first got together Keller Williams was a big part of our lives... in my opinion :) Anyways, I remember listening to this back in the day, and being full of this love and happiness! It was wonderful!!

There are a ton of songs that remind me of Ethan in my iTunes library. He introduced me to almost everything I listen to now. He introduced me to so many Classic Rock and folk musicians. I wasn't all about it then but I am now!!! Bob Marley, seriously ANYTHING Bob Marley reminds me of Ethan. The summer before we started dating and when I really got to know him, Bob Marley was always playing in the car. Mason Jennings definitely reminds me of him, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson.... and someone who he totally would never listen to ... Alicia Keys. The last months of our relationship Alicia Keys album Songs in A Minor was playing non-stop on whatever portable device I had.



5. Gary Jules - Mad World



This song reminds me of Herzl. He was this actor dude I dated when I lived in LA. We dated for a short 3 month period... or something like that :) He made me a mix CD... great songs, this song was one of them.... and its the only one that sticks out... I'll leave it at that :)


Anyways... that's all for now. This was just a little fun spur of the moment blog post!

Hope you enjoyed listening :)

<3

1 comment:

  1. Nice music! thanks for sharing these! :)

    -Mia
    http://miafied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete