Sunday, September 11, 2011

Makin whoopee!

Taking a mini break from writing posts on past loves :) This weeks blog post was brought on from watching The Bachelor Pad.....

So, I'm a sucker for anything The Bachelor/Bachelorette related. It's a guilty pleasure :) I've been watching The Bachelor Pad, and while it frustrates the shit out of me, I still watch it. (The frustration is due to the fact that Vienna and Kasey are still on it!! UGH!) Anyways!!! In last weeks episode they had a competition called The Nearlywed Game and it was just like the Newlywed game so you get the idea... One question came up "How many dates before your partner makes whoopee?" Then hearing the answers, whether they were true or not, was a shocker to me.

For some reason, at some point in time, maybe 5 years ago or so, I subconsciously made the decision, a rule, that I'd have to go on 3 days and then making whoopee was acceptable. After watching this weeks episode it was a true eye opener! Some said like 7 some said 30. Then I asked the girls at work and they too were leaning definitely towards more than 3 dates! I was like "damn!! am I that easy?" When in reality, maybe I just don't give myself enough credit!

Fine, with some people and some relationships it just happens when it happens.. on the first, second third whatever date and there are no rules and regulations. For the most part, with the ppl that I know that gave it up on the first date it was mostly because it was with the love of their lives... but then you have the other side of the spectrum the one night stands and blah blah blah... but one night stands are a totally different topic so scratch that.

Anyways, I thought about it, and was thinking that maybe if I did add more dates before making whoopee, maybe my relationships would have more meaning. Maybe I wouldn't run into an issue like I did with the most recent dude I was with. While sex is AMAZING it can also be destructive. There are times I wish Mr. High School and I were still hanging out but sex kinda ruined it all. I'd honestly be willing to hold off on sex for like a whole year to be able to have a meaningful relationship where the connection was enough... well that and make out sessions :) hehe

This whole thing was like a huge epiphany! I need to give myself more meaning and the other person more meaning and the relationship more meaning too. I need to respect myself more. Because ya know what guys and gals... what I'm about to say may be super personal and blah blah but whatever it is what it is...I think the reason why I put out so early on is because I feel like that is the only way I can keep a guy. It's sad but true. We are surrounded by sex all over and this idea that like it's all that dudes want, and in reality I know it's not, but it's what I grew up knowing. So, why would it be odd that I would think that that's the only way I can keep a dude.

Anyways, that's my confession, and with that confession I'm making a rule that I'm going to wait longer. I'm not saying how long, but I need to believe I'm worth the wait.

In every aspect of my life I need to learn to trust and believe in myself. This is one way I can do that.

Well, that's that... next week I hope to write about Mr. Asshole :) The second "love of my life" ugh... vomit.... hahaha

Until next time, have a wonderful week!!!!

<3


1 comment:

  1. I'd be curious if there's any correlation between the ages of the person and how long they must date a person first. I know I required a lot more dates when I was younger...

    ReplyDelete