Monday, October 10, 2011

Apple Pickin'

So, I went apple pickin the other day with a friend of mine. I was telling her I didn't know what to write about for this weeks blog post. I had some ideas about things my coworkers and I bitch about... how we always give men excuses, how they are all up in our grills the first month or so and then disappear. It's like, you get used to a way someone treats you and then when they stop doing it, it's hard to adjust or to even take it without taking it personally..... anyways.... I didn't want to write another post bitching about men.

My friend gave me a good idea. She told me to write about the apple picking and how our experience is very much like the dating world. I mean, when we started into the orchard all the trees were bare. No apples in sight. As we got deeper into the orchard we saw a few apples here and there hanging on the branches.... they were all scarred, bruised, or rotten. There were also a bunch of rotten ones hanging out on the ground. The further we got away from the entrance, the deeper we got, the more apples we found. We passed by people walking back to the entrance with full boxes. I remember being jealous, I wanted that happiness, the fulfillment of finding my very own apple... picking my very own apple from a tree. Finally, we hit a gold mine far far off from the entrance. Granted along the way we did steal some apples that were sitting ever so nicely in boxes here and there... we think they were strategically placed there. Anyways, in the end, we found our apples! Gold Rush apples!

You start off with nothing. Then you go through ones that are tattered and torn. The good ones are already picked. Then, eventually, hopefully, you find your mecca. You find your tree full of fruit to offer you. There are no rotten ones, none that are bruised or scarred, all the good ones are there waiting for you.

I guess finding your future husband is like apple picking. You enter the orchard of men all wide eyed and excited, full of anticipation, hope, your heart is wide open. In the distance you see a few but as you get closer you find out that they are rotten, they're not good enough for you, they'll just give you an upset stomach. As you trudge through the rotten trees, you begin to loose hope but you know, you know there's gotta be someone out there. It's tough on the heart when you see everyone around you happy and in love and you're still going through the battlefield. Then finally, you find the one.

hahaha... I know I repeated the scenario over and over.. I just felt that I couldn't get it right...but I'm pretty sure you get my drift. I'm gonna keep on walking through the orchard with my head held high, because I know my tree is out there, just waiting to be picked... until then, I'll steal a few glances here and there and possibly entertain the idea of a rotten apple... inspect it a bit.. maybe it wont be so bad while I'm trudging along :)

Now, what to do with the apples? Apple sauce? Apple pie? Apple butter? Apple dumplings? Apple cake? etc.... hehehe

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment