Friday, August 27, 2010

Mr. High School

(Here's a little semi-end-of-the-week delight!) :)


So!

I didn't write about this one before because I didn't really have anything bad to say about it and it seemed to be a short, sweet, no "to be continued" date so I didn't think writing about it would do anything.....

Turns out I was wrong :)


Let's take this back to High School for a second. When I was a senior in HS I had a few classes with this dude. Mr. High School is tall, black, handsome and he ain't no scrawny little thing, just how I like a man to be! Anyways, we were in different circles but that didn't really matter we would chat it up and flirt a bit. He would always ask me out, he would do it when his friends were around and it just always seemed like he was joking. So I never took him seriously. I totally wanted to go out with him but I was never sure if he was serious, so I just had fun flirting and chatting with him in class and that was that. Then we graduated and I never heard from him again.... until this lovely social networking got our paths to cross once more!

Mr. High School and I became friends on this social networking site about a year ago, we didn't really leave comments or anything until a couple of months ago. He would leave nice comments on my photos and what not. Then one day he IMed me on this site and said that he's been waiting for a date with me since High School. We chatted a bit and I told him I never thought he was serious and blah blah blah.... so then I said to him "Let's do it!"

So we did!!


Man!! My friends and I were so excited!! Well, the friends I've known since High School and knew about Mr. High School and how I was into him back then. I wasn't obsessively into him or anything but I was into him, I just didn't want to make an ass out of myself if he was joking about asking me out. I dreamed about it from time to time but I figured it was all just a joke and would never happen. So, you can imagine how exciting this was for me and my gals!!!!

We set up a time and sort of a place to meet and this is how it went down:

We decided to meet up in Old City after I was done work. I was nervous and gross!!! It, of course, was fuckin' hot out! I stupidly walked from work to Old City, that's like... an 11 block walk. It's not a far walk at all, but in the heat it becomes a fuckin' sweat walk!!! ugh!

So we met at a corner, hugged, I apologized for my grossness eep! We walked around looking for a spot to grab a bite and drink at. Finally we decided on a spot. But first before I forget!! His appearance definitely changed since high school. He had on glasses and his hair was different and he seemed so much wiser and mature and right off he seemed like a MAN. You know what I mean? A fuckin' MAN! Anyways!!!

We were catching up, what we've been doing the past 10 years blah blah blah. Talked about the people we still keep in touch with, about the people we graduated with. We talked about politics as well. We seemed to have the same view on a lot of things, it was nice and refreshing. So we ate, had a drink and I was assuming we'd walk around afterward, or do something else. He ever so kindly paid the bill. I definitely offered because I just hate the whole stereotype of the dude having to pay the bill. While it is nice, it's unfair.

So he paid, we got up and as we are leaving he says to me "So, where are you off to now?" My heart sank a bit. Fine, there weren't any instant sparks or fireworks or anything like that, but I wasn't having a bad time, and like I said earlier, I expected we were going to do something else! So I said I was going home... he was going to take the bus back to NJ but he took the train with me instead so that was nice! We got an extra 30 min together!

I waited a day or 2 to thank him for the date.
I wrote: "Hey! Just wanted to thank you for the date! I had fun.Have a great week!"

His reply confused me a bit.
He wrote: "Thank u for bein u. u ur welcome. i was was happy to n i had fun also. u have a wonderful week and good luck. see you soon. "

Good luck???

Good luck with what? Applying to school? Good luck on the dating front? Good luck with what?? Good luck finding a future husband? Good luck u got no shot with me? Good luck with your week?

GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT?!?!?!?!?!


So, that was it... I hadn't heard from him for a little over a month and then this week he IMs me again... and we are in the midst of planning a second date....

So, this whole thing is to be continued... there will be a 2nd date posting to come.. soon? I don't know when...

It does seem a little fishy that I hadn't heard from him in a little over a month... along with the good luck... along with the 1.5hr date... but!

Maybe that's how he is, I like to give people numerous chances! :)

He seems like a great guy though, and we have yet to find out what this man is really all about ;) But I also know that he can be a shy guy, so maybe that's what's going on.

And!! Of course!! I read too much into things sometimes... or sometimes I even read things completely wrong. We will see how the second date goes down....

So!!

To be continued...

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment